Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Monday, April 25, 2011

Prairie Souls!


First a howling blizzard woke us,
Then the rain came down to soak us,
And now before the eye can focus -
Crocus.  ~Lilja Rogers





The Crocus (Anemone patens) seems so delicate yet it is one 'tough' little forb!  The first to blossom and bring color to the native prairie in the spring, it withstands the cold winds and spring storms!  Perhaps this is why they remind me of my Mom and a few other key 'ladies' that have been and still remain in my life!  Like my Mom, they were, or still are, connected to their rural, prairie roots and they were/are strong, caring Women that can weather many a storm, standup, dust themselves off and move forward!  They are 'resilient', they are my 'Prairie Souls' and I do believe, each of them love the Crocus.  I know my Mom did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...