Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Not a Bird, Nor a Flower ...

Meet "Wally the Wood Frog!"




What can I say ... it's not a bird ... and I have boys!!!  And what do my boys love to do in the summer ... find frogs!  Well this particular lad (perhaps lady??) was found at the back of our house.  Both the boys were rather excited as it was BIG in comparison to their usual frog finds!  This is a Wood Frog (Rana sylvatica).  The cool thing about Wood Frogs is they can change their color very quickly from either dark to light!  Hence, if their needing some heat ... they will darken to absorb more heat ... hmm... I need to learn this strategy!  Well, I am happy to report that "Wally the Wood Frog" was placed over in the trees and sent on his/her merry way towards the dugout!  Thanks for stopping by "Wally!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...