Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Strays ...

Life is always interesting and I had a good chuckle the other day ...


While getting kids ready for school I spottted a large, dark object moving across the stubble east of our house!  "Hmm ... perhaps its a moose," I said to myself!  So I grabbed the binoculars only to discover it was one of our cows!  I informed my husband that we had a cow out and before any of us got out the door ... I looked out just to realize the entire herd had strayed home and were waiting at the gate!!!  The funny thing is they were still knee deep in grass where they were but usually by October we move them home ... perhaps they've stated keeping a calendar!



1 comment:

  1. Ok this is what the old saying means..."til the cows come home" Great pic!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...