Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Through the Glass...




I am definitely changing things up today.  Not quite the 'wildlife' photos I usually snap but I took these photos specifically for my Dad and Stepmom today.  They are stained glass artisans that own and operate 'Windows of the West Stained Glass' (http://www.windowsofthewest.ca).  "Noah's Ark" was a commissioned piece that they crafted, which now resides in a church window in Rimbey, Alberta.  Approximately 78 x 37 inches or 20 sq ft., this wonderful stained glass artwork has 530 pieces of glass in it.  They both worked long hours on this beautiful piece and should be very proud of it.  Dad wanted me to head out to Rimbey with him to get some photos with my camera to 'justify' the incredible colors in the glass.  However, I don't think my camera or any camera can really display the true beauty of a stained glass window ... one needs to see the beauty by looking through the glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...