Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Sunday, August 26, 2012

The House with the Yellow Door(s)!





Perched on a hill, this quaint little old prairie house doesn't quite have the sparkle that it once did!  Covered from top to bottom in old cedar shakes, this house was at one time yellow ... from top to bottom!  There had either been a sale on yellow paint or someone brought cheer to the countryside in the form of having a yellow house!   Although most of the paint has faded away ... the Yellow Door (s) remain!


7 comments:

  1. Sp great Terri, Your photos are just fabulous...have LOVEd the last 3 days. I love them all, of course, but wow, these latest ones are stunners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gena! I actually escaped and saw some different scenery! A well needed break!

      Delete
  2. Oh yaaaa! Keep'em coming...Dennis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know of a very cool barn ... still trying to figure out how to get there! Literally, it's plunked in the middle of a field with no roads leading to it ... well, one road but the sign says the bridge is out! However, I know this Hawaiian that would really like it so ... !!!! I'll keep 'em coming! LOL!

      Delete
  3. I agree. These photos are fantastic! I am very curious about how everything has weathered and turned grey , but the doors remained yellow! Great angles and perspective, Terry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cheated Renee ... I converted everything to B&W, except for the yellow doors (I just wanted to emphasize the yellow), so in reality everything is weathered evenly! The shingles just under the roof line are still yellow and the walls in the house are a faded pink and green with yes, yellow doors and trim! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...