Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Greater White-Fronted Geese



Forgive me ... late with another post!  I have no excuse, other than my wool blanket, my cat 'Clara,' and the couch have called my name at about the same time I usually post my blog!  Pure laziness on my part!  However, here it is ... a flock of Greater White-Fronted Geese (Anser albifrons).  Cousins to the Canada Geese, they migrate through Alberta, usually in flocks with their cousins!  Lately, these slightly smaller geese have been enjoying 'feeding' in our pea stubble!

Oh ... and some good news for me, I have some photos published!  Check out the Carseland Connection, a community newspaper in southern Alberta (http://carselandconnection.net), as they utilized my Old School House photos for their September issue and I think there will be some harvest photos in their October issue.  The Carseland Connection can also be found on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...