Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Who Hoo ... Doesn't Love Seeing a Snowy?





Squinting it's eyes into the wind, this gorgeous Snowy Owl (Nyctea scandiaca) was perched upon a telephone pole, despite the waves of 'snow squalls' we had throughout the day and into the evening!  Yes, one minute the sky was blue and the sun was out ... the next it was snowing, blowing and the roads were NOT nice!  Somehow, such weather never deters a Snowy Owl!  Love 'em!

4 comments:

  1. Great snowy owl shots. I have never even seen one of these. Too bad he wasn't on a better perch though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matnic 17! Snowy's love this part of the world in the winter ... and they love to perch on telephone and power poles! That is where you tend to spot them 95% of the time!

      Delete
  2. Wow. How lovely the snowy owl is. I think I have only seen one once. The white against the blue is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've only seen one once???? How is that possible????? Keep a watch on the power poles and telephone poles!!! They can usually be spotted there! I spotted one yesterday that was perched on a fence post and I tried to get my hubby to stop but he thought it was a tin can and I said nooooo .... as the owl flew off in front of us. I managed to get those shots but they were a distance away (I only had my little 18-70mm lens on). They are a beautiful bird! I love there very feathery, thick legs and feet!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...