Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Flight of the Honkers


I love migration, although I admit I prefer spring migration and the 'welcome back' in comparison to fall migration and the 'good bye!'  Either way, I find migration fascinating.    As each bird comes and goes, I would just love to know where they've been or where they are heading!  Aaaah ... the travel journals locked in their brains and the stories they could tell!  Although the big groups of birds from the 'great white north' are not yet heading south (at least not in big droves), the local birds are filling the air while moving from their feeding grounds to the safety of water.  There is something to be said about a sky filled with early morning 'honkers' ... it beats the large urban centre honking any day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...