Welcome to My Little Piece of the Prairies ...

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Our Prairie Chicken

Well she's all you'd ever want,
She's the kind they'd like to flaunt and take to dinner.
Well she always knows her place.
She's got style, she's got grace, She's a winner.
She's a Lady.
 
~ Tom Jones


Well ... at least in the grouse world, she is a lady!!!  Truthfully, I took this the day before thanks to a lovely 24hr flu bug that hit my oldest son and I!  Needless to say, taking a picture was not on my mind today!!!  However, I did manage to cross paths with this beautiful female Sharp-tailed Grouse (Tympanuchus phasianelleus) while checking cows the day before.  Grouse are an intriguing bird and I find them rather fascinating.  Somehow I always manage to cross paths with the females but the colourful males are rather elusive!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...